Saturday 4 January 2014

Not enough.

I couldn't afford my own personal actuary, so I used death-clock.org to predict how much time I have left. A depressing 64 additional years. Not enough for me.

In this blog I will be documenting my journey to becoming worthy of artificial life extension. A few ways I can think of is the storing of my consciousness or becoming a cyborg - pace-makers have never sounded so fashionable.

This journey will consist of a few things that I'll address when the time comes to it:
  • Surviving until said date
  • Attempt to survive even longer by using a Healthy Lifestyle
  • The cool things I'll do after I've passed my expiry date - the whole of my current life will be a great big teaser
  • Deciding on what temporary immortality technology to employ
  • Acquiring resources to undertake said technology, eg. begging, Australia's generous unemployment benefit, becoming a busking magician
  • Develop a strategy to conquer my lethal addiction to food - lethal because I think I will die without it
In all seriousness though, I might be going through a minor quarter-life crisis (no I'm not or I'd do something about it). I'm currently 20 years old. I study finance and software engineering. I'm fairly sure that when I graduate, I'll get a decent job so there's that for security, the one thing I'm deathly scared of losing.

So... is that it!? I was the impression that there was a lot more to it than that. I haven't reached self-actualisation, made an impact on anything apart from being a huge liability, and in person, I stink of buzz kill so it's sort of hard to make an impression.

I'm currently half way through the holidays and there are a few things that I actually do want to accomplish. These are the things that I have done:
  • Binged on Paris Hilton's BFF (ikr lmao)
  • Binged on Gossip Girl
  • Binged on QI
  • I made a derpy catbug
  • I learnt the accordion
  • Lost a bit of weight
I assure you, the next half of the holidays will not consist of the above hedonism, and rather, hard work and pure unadulterated ambition eg.
  • Cleaning up my goddamn bedroom
  • Make an app which lets people complain about things
  • Finish up two of my piano songs to a performance standard
  • Lose a lot of weight
  • Look beauteefull
All of this to achieve the real main aim in life: to be Paris Hilton.

In this post, I have set up goals for the rest of my mortal life, and short term goals for my holidays. I think that's an adequate start but it's also an awful lot of talking and not a lot of doing, something I personally don't have much respect for, and as consequence, have little respect for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment