Saturday 15 February 2014

Do you have a USB for my jacket?

It's no secret that many tech companies are racing to make the next break-through device, the last one being the smart phone but this time it will be much more intimate, perhaps even wearable. Now let's extrapolate - the next step after wearing tech? We're so close to cyborg status! But that's a topic for another time. I believe that products like the Oculus Rift and Google Glass have the potential to completely revolutionise the way we use technology. I just have absolutely no idea how. That's what makes is so exciting.

Any-who I will be attempting to jump on the metaphorical bandwagon. c;

I made this today.

 

It's a stuffed bow hair piece which includes 2 red LEDs powered by a coin battery - there is a pouch for the battery at the back of the hair piece. I didn't do a terribly great job on the construction work (wot is solder), one of my LEDs wire kept on snapping while in construction, hence why the material is burnt since I didn't want redo my sewing work.

I think it's pretty adorable. When I get my hands on some battery holders, I might re-do this to a more professional standard and actually use it from day to day. Perhaps make it look more like a bow and less elephant-ile.

Magically, LEDs work well with CR3032 batteries. I might have to have to restrain myself from adding LEDs everywhere in my life.

In all seriousness, I'm having trouble identifying a place where I can wear this. I wonder what people will think of it... yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment